Thursday 12 September 2024

Who’s Who - MajorTess - Linda van Mechelen

Started breeder mid 2000s but appears there has been no more breeding since 2015.  Below is an extract from the Intriduction on MajorTess website.

 My name is Linda. I am 43 years old. In December 2004 I bought my first Pixie-bob. Her name is Vi tess from Cattery Far West in France. I named her Money. It is not the first Pixie-bob in Holland, but when I started my project in 2004, I was the only breeder in Holland.

Unfortunately Money died recently on December, 2 2005. I still miss her a lot and I always will. But despites this enormous loss, she still gave me three beautiful kittens. I didn’t want to give up my project which I just started, so I decided to import two new Pixie-bobs. 

I read about this fantastic breed in the new cat encyclopaedia and I also read a nice article in a Dutch cat magazine called Majesteit. What interested me the most was that the Pixie-bob has a character of a loyal dog. Besides that I am very fond of the wild look (the look of a bobcat) and yet their calm and sweet character.

On the 6th of April 2005 my male Pixie-bob Major NO 1 finally arrived in Holland. He came all the way from Texas (USA). And on the 3rd of February 2006 my two new pixie-bobs arrived in Holland too. They are called Brutus and Squirrel.”



No comments: